1 cup rice
1/4 cup urad dal
1/4 cup curd
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp of ginger & green chilly paste
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp oil
2 tablespoon coriander leaves
salt to taste
1. Dry roast the rice and the dal on medium heat for four to five minutes. Cool and grind into a coarse powder.
2. Put the powder in a Vessels. Add curd & warm water. Mix thoroughly so that no lumps are formed. Add salt and let it ferment for 6 to 8 hours.
3.Once fermented, mix ginger and green chilli paste with the batter. Grease the a thali.
4. Boil water in the steamer. Now add baking soda & oil in to the batter and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the greased pan, put into the steamer and steam for 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Sprinkle some finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with green chutney/Groundnut oil.
Note: You can do “Vadhar” on it with mustard seeds, til & cumin seeds