Thursday, January 8, 2009
1. 2 Cups wheat floor.2. Salt to taste.
3. 1 tsp garam masala4. 2 tbsp Oil.5. 1/2 kg cabbage (greated).6. 1tsp of each Chilli paste & ginger paste.7. Cumin seeds.
8. 2 tbsp corriender9.Water to knead.
Method for Dough:
Mix the dry flour properly with salt.
Then add little oil.
Knead with water.
Make soft dough, keep aside for 30 minutes.
Take greatd & drained cabbage in one big bowl.
Add chilly & garlic paste
Add salt accorging to taste, corriander, garam masala and cumin seeds.
After adding all of the above Mixwell
For making parathas
Take a ball of dough and roll two roti
Place filling on one roti & cover with another .
press ends so they do not leave an opening. Press gently
Frying the parathas:
Heat a heavy pan, place paratha on it.
Allow one side to cook have brown golden patches.
Turn repeat for other side. put some oil and flip.
Put oil on other side.
Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup, Chutneys or salted curd.
NOTE: This is best with curry & gravy also.
11/2 cup gram flour(besan)2 tbsp sooji3/4 cup finely chopped tomato1/2 cup finely chopped onion1/2 tsp cumin seeds1/2 tsp chopped ginger1 tsp finely chopped green chilies3 tsp chopped coriander leavesA pinch turmeric & hingOil/ghee/butterSalt
Recipe:1. Mix all the ingredients (except oil/ghee/buter) with water to get to dosa batter.
1. Heat nonstick gridlle, spread the batter into thin omelets. Brush some oil/ghee/butter on top.
2. Turn the omelet upside down and fry on other side.
3. Serve hot with tomato ketchup & green chutney).
Note: For jain omlet don’t use ONIONS
1 tsp garlic chopped2 tsp green chillies chopped
½ cup fine chopped vegetables(carrot, cabbage, French bean, cauliflower)2 tsp ginger chopped1 tbsp corn flour1 cup water1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar2 pinches sugar2 table spoon oilSalt to taste
1 Heat oil in a frying pan on a high flame. Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger.
Add chopped vegetables and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
2 Mix the cornflour with 1/4 cup of water keep aside.
3 Add the water, soya sauce sugar, vinegar and salt to taste. Bring it to boil, while its boiling add the cornflour mixture and boil the gravy till it becomes slite thick.
4 Just before serving put the soup stick in the bowl and serve hot.
3 cups all purpose flour (maida)1 tsp dry yeast 1 tbsp sugar 1 tsp salt1 cup warm water 2 tbsp oil / ghee
1/2 chopped coriander leaves
Knead dough with first 5 item, Let keep in a warm dark place for 30 minutes.
Divide dough into 10 equal balls. Roll each into an oval shape, about 7-8 inches long.
Heat Skillet Roast naan till the bottom is golden brown. Turn, and heat the other side.
Mix oil/ghee and brush over hot naan. Sprinkle coriander on it
Serve hot with sabji or gravy vegetables
Makai ki roti
6 tblsp butter
1 1/2 cup corn meal (makai ka atta)
salt to taste
1/4 cup whole wheat up flour
· Mix cornmeal, whole-wheat up flour and salt.
· Mix in sufficient lukewarm water, a little at a time, to make medium soft dough.
· Divide the prepared dough into eight to ten equal portions.
Sarson ka saag
· bunch spinach washed and chopped fine
· 1 bunch mustard greens washed and chopped fine
· 2 green chillies
· 1 tbsp grated ginger (or paste)
· 1 tbsp grated garlic (or paste)
· Salt to taste
· 2-3 tbsps ghee
· 1 large onion grated
· 1 tsp coriander powder
· 1 tsp cumin powder
· 1 tsp garam masala powder
· Juice of 1/2 a lime/ lemon
· 1 tbsp bengal gram flour/ maize flour
· Mix the greens, green chillies and salt to taste and boil in 1 cup of water till cooked.
· Mash the greens mix well to make a course paste.
· In another pan, heat the ghee on a medium flame. When hot add the grated onion and fry till pale golden.
· Add all the other ingredients and fry till oil separates from the masala (onion-spice mix).
· Add the greens mix to this and stir till blended.
· Garnish with a dollop of butter and serve with makai ki roti
Cut egg plant in pieces & Boil in pressure cooker.
Now start chopping this eggplant nicely into as small pieces as possible or until they are mashed nicely.
Fry the onions till it turns to golden color. Then add Ginger-Garlic Paste to it and fry for another minute.
To this add tomatoes and all the rest of the masala's and fry for 2 more minutes until tomatoes are nicely cooked and mashed.
Now to this add the mashed eggplant and cook on light flame for about 5 more mins until all the ingredients are nicely blended.
Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
This dish goes very well with Bajari’s roti or even with paratha.
1cup black gram / urad dal
Salt according to taste
½ tsp soda bi carb
1 tbsp ghee/oil
1- Wash & sock dal & rice over night or for 7 to 8 hour.
2- Graind it on next day, mix properly.
3- Add salt, set aside a fermete for 6 to 8 hours.
4- Put hot oil/Ghee, Soda bi carb and stir well.
5- Make small portions of mixture, steam in Idli steamer.
6-Serve hot with sambhar & chutney.
2 bowl potato mash 2 tbsp crumbled paneer,1 tbsp fresh malai
½ Mix vegetables, Boiled & chopped
(carrot, French beans, peas, Capcicum) 2-3 finely chopped green chillies 1/4 tsp sugar 1 tsp coriander powder 1 tsp cumin powder 1 tsp red-chilli powder Salt To Taste 3 tbsp cooking oil/ghee Oil for frying the koftas
For the gravy:1 cup onions, chopped 3 flakes garlic, crushed 1 tsp ginger, crushed 1½ cup tomato puree 1 tsp red-chilli powder ½ tsp garam masala powder ½ tsp corainder powder ½ tsp cumin powder ½ tsp sugar 1 tbsp cashewnut powder
· Take potato mash and add salt to taste.
· Mix all the other ingredients for the kofta into a potato mash.
· Make 10 -12 kofta of round shape out of the potato mixture. Deep fry each kofta till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
· Blend together the onions, ginger & garlic and fry in 3 tbsp of oil till brown.
· Add the tomato puree and the dry powders.
· Add the sugar and the cashwnut powder.
· When the gravy comes to a boil, add the koftas.
· Heat through and serve the koftas with roti/ naan.
Note: The koftas should be put in just before serving the dish.
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker, add all two seeds.
2. Allow to splutter, add curry leaves, asafetida.
3. Add garlic, ginger, onions, cook it.
4. Add chopped veggies, Stir, add all masalas, 1 cup water, bring to a boil.
5. Cover lid, allow to cook for 10 minutes.
6. Remove lid, Stir in ground powder, salt, and stir, and simmer till gravy is thick.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander.
8. Serve hot with rice or roti.