Thursday, January 8, 2009
sarson ka saag
Sarson ka saag
· bunch spinach washed and chopped fine
· 1 bunch mustard greens washed and chopped fine
· 2 green chillies
· 1 tbsp grated ginger (or paste)
· 1 tbsp grated garlic (or paste)
· Salt to taste
· 2-3 tbsps ghee
· 1 large onion grated
· 1 tsp coriander powder
· 1 tsp cumin powder
· 1 tsp garam masala powder
· Juice of 1/2 a lime/ lemon
· 1 tbsp bengal gram flour/ maize flour
· Mix the greens, green chillies and salt to taste and boil in 1 cup of water till cooked.
· Mash the greens mix well to make a course paste.
· In another pan, heat the ghee on a medium flame. When hot add the grated onion and fry till pale golden.
· Add all the other ingredients and fry till oil separates from the masala (onion-spice mix).
· Add the greens mix to this and stir till blended.
· Garnish with a dollop of butter and serve with makai ki roti