Thursday, January 8, 2009
2 bowl potato mash 2 tbsp crumbled paneer,1 tbsp fresh malai
½ Mix vegetables, Boiled & chopped
(carrot, French beans, peas, Capcicum) 2-3 finely chopped green chillies 1/4 tsp sugar 1 tsp coriander powder 1 tsp cumin powder 1 tsp red-chilli powder Salt To Taste 3 tbsp cooking oil/ghee Oil for frying the koftas
For the gravy:1 cup onions, chopped 3 flakes garlic, crushed 1 tsp ginger, crushed 1½ cup tomato puree 1 tsp red-chilli powder ½ tsp garam masala powder ½ tsp corainder powder ½ tsp cumin powder ½ tsp sugar 1 tbsp cashewnut powder
· Take potato mash and add salt to taste.
· Mix all the other ingredients for the kofta into a potato mash.
· Make 10 -12 kofta of round shape out of the potato mixture. Deep fry each kofta till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
· Blend together the onions, ginger & garlic and fry in 3 tbsp of oil till brown.
· Add the tomato puree and the dry powders.
· Add the sugar and the cashwnut powder.
· When the gravy comes to a boil, add the koftas.
· Heat through and serve the koftas with roti/ naan.
Note: The koftas should be put in just before serving the dish.