Saturday, August 16, 2008
Dal Dhokdi ( Gujarati meal)
250 grams tuver daal, 200 grams wheat flour, 3 green chilies 3 tbsp green chilli paste 50 grams groundnut 25 grams cashew nut, 1 tbsp Turmeric powder 1 tbsp Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds,
3-4 cloves 2 cinnamon, 2 tomatoes 100 gm sugar,Salt To Taste,1 tbsp Garam masala, 1 tsp Ajama 4-5 tbsp.Oil, 2 tbsp Red chili powder hing
1/2 cup coriander leaves 3-4 tbsp. Ghee.
· Shift wheat flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, ajama, red chili powder. Mix well. Add oil and knead the flour roll big roti on polpate
· Wash tuver dal and cook in pressure cooker for four whistles.
· Remove the dal. Heat oil and ghee in a pot, then put cloves and cinnamon and then add mustard & cumin seeds
· When they crackle add curry leaves, green chilies and a pinch of hing. Pour blended tover dal.
· Mix lemon juice and sugar, cashew nuts, groundnut, garam masala, red chili powder and mix well.
· Add tomato pieces, turmeric powder, salt and 2 cups of water. Boil the dal.
· Now cut roti into pieces and add these pieces in boiling dal.
· Boil for 10 minutes and pour ghee.
· Serve the dal dhokli warm. With urad papad.
· Garnish with coconut & coriander..
Note: Prepare kachori of green peas, coconut, til, coriander, and add in boiling dal for more taste.