Saturday, August 16, 2008
Moong dal Kachori
1 Cup Maida
1/2 Cup yellow moong dal 1/4 Cup gram flour 1/4 tsp Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp Amchur (dry Mango) powder 1/4 tsp Garam masala 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder 1/ 4 tsp Whole coriander seeds Oil for frying Salt to taste
2 tbsp Ghee
1. Sieve the flour along with salt, add Warm ghee and make a fine dough using little water. Cover and keep aside.
2. Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the fennel seeds for few seconds. Then add drained Moong dal, cook till it become soft, Mash it lightly. Add gram flour, chili powder, coriander seed, turmeric, dry mango powder, salt and fry for few minutes.
3. When done, remove from heat and keep a side.
4. Make small balls from the dough. Take a ball, keep on your palm and press a little to stuff the dal mixture. Seal the edges with the same dough and roll the ball to round shape.
5. Heat oil and fry the kachoris until golden brown in color and crispy.
6. Serve hot with tamarind or mint chutney