Saturday, August 16, 2008
· 1 cup curd
· 3 cups water
· 1tsp green chilly paste
· 1 tsp salt
· 1/2 tsp asafetida
· 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
For the tadka
· 1 tbsp oil
· 1 tsp mustard seeds
· 2-3 green chillies
· 6-8 curry leaves
· 1 tsp til
· 2 tbsp coriander leaves- fine chopped
· 1/2 cup coconut-grated
· Put gram flour in a deep, heavy based pan.
· Mix-in the chilli paste, salt, asafoetida and turmeric powder. Gradually add the curd. Stir continuously to make a smooth paste.
· Add water and place pan over high flame. Allow it to boil and stir continuously. Till it become thick don't adjust the flame.
· Spread the mixture on an un-greased surface in thin layers (like a Dosa) and leave it to cool.
· When cool, cut this layer into strips. Roll up each strip like a scroll, cut it in finger size and arrange on to a serving dish/bowl.
· Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, til and chillies. Stir a few times, and then sprinkle over the roll.
· Garnish coriander leaves & coconut and serve.