Saturday, August 16, 2008
Doodhi na Muthia (Gujarati snacks)
3 cup Wheat Flour1 cup besan flour1/4 Soda bi carb1/2 cup shredded Duthi (Squash) 1/2 tsp shredded Ginger1 tsp Garam masala1/2 tsp Sugar3/4 glass butter milk
1/2 cup Vegetable oil3 TSP Sesame seeds3 TSP Mustard seeds
* Mix all ingredients and make roti stayle dough, using buttermilk
* From dough make round 6" long dough ralls
* In pressure cooker, add water and warm up.
* Put ralls, in round container or thali. arrange properly
* Put these containers in cooker, Cover the cooker with lid and wait for 3 cooker whistles.
* Once, cool, get muthia out and cut in thick round pieces.
* Now hit pan with oil and add mustard seeds (Rai) and sesame seeds (Til) to warm oil.
* Pour Vaghar on cuted Muthia
* Serve with evening tea or coffee.