Sunday, July 20, 2008
Chinese Veg. Manchurian
For Manchurian balls:
4 cups cabbage chopped1 ½ cups carrot minced1 medium onion chopped2 tbsp corn flour5 tbsp Maida2 tsp garlic minced1-2 green chillies minced
3 pinches pepper powdersalt to tasteOil for deep frying
1 tsp garlic chopped2 tsp green chillies chopped2 tsp ginger chopped1 tbsp corn flour1 cup water1 tbsp soya sauce2 pinches sugar2 table spoon oilSalt to taste
For the Manchurian:
1. Mix carrots, cabbage, onion, cornflour, maida, garlic, pepper powder and salt to taste.
2. Shape spoonful of the mixture in small balls. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
For the gravy:
1. Heat oil in a frying pan on a high flame. Add the garlic, green chillies and ginger and stir fry over a high flame for a few seconds.
2. Mix the cornflour with 1/4 cup of water keep aside.
3. Add the water, soya sauce sugar and salt to taste. Bring it to boil, while its boiling add the cornflour mixture and boil the gravy till it becomes thick.
4. Just before serving put the balls in the sauce and cook for a few minutes. Serve hot.