Saturday, July 5, 2008
1 ½ cup white peas (dry)
6 big potatoes (boiled & mashed)
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 ½ tsp red chilly powder
Oil for frying
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
· Soak pea in water for about 7 hours and boil it.
· Add salt, 1 tsp turmeric mash a little, keep a side.
· Take potatoes mash in the bowl, add corn flour, 1 tsp turmeric and salt.
· To make the pattice, make small balls of the potato mix and then apply slight pressure to flatten it evenly.
· Heat the Tava, put a little oil on it & fry pattice on both sides. Fry on medium flame.
· Heat 1 tbsp. of oil, lightly fry cumin seeds, curry leaves, chili powder and Garam Masala Powder to make vaghar. Put this vaghar on the Ragda/boiled peas.
· Just before serving, take pattice in deep plate and pour ragda on it.
· Serve hot with Tamarind Chutney, spicy green chutney, coriander leaves and sliced onions.
Your ragada chaat is ready now.